Monday, February 06, 2006

Frankenstein Lives!



She's back! My car that is. If you recall, I put her in the shop for a motor swap, from the F22A to the F22B V-Tec.Notice the 4-2-1 header and the warm (cold) air intake. What you can't see is a new HD clutch and timing belt as well as new CV joints and axles. The increase in power is very noticable, especially around 5000 rpms. I suppose this is the V-Tec making itself known. (I wonder what a chip would do for it?)I chose to go with a set of KYB struts and shocks with heavier spring rates both front and rear.The corning performance is on par with a much smaller car. I hit my "high-speed test facility" this afternoon and successfully threw the car at a set of bends that, before the mods, would have left me somewhere off the road,plowing furrows and such. This time, I hit them a good 20 mph faster...she corners flat and predictable. I can feel a little chassic flex, but nothing a strut tower brace wouldn't fix. The suspension mods also point out the shortcomings of the cheapass tires on it. Kumhos next time, me thinks as well as a full set of urethane bushings. The car sits just a tad lower, as I found out this morning navigating the speedbumps in the parking lot at werk. She scrubs a little, so I have to slow WAY down now. It's not near as bad as it would have been had I put the 40 series tires on it instead of the 45's.

No comments: