Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Going Racin'

After being bribed by an offer of paying the entry fee, I am entering my first Autocross, hosted by the Buccaneer Region SCCA Chapter. If you recall, I recently did a few modifications to my 1992 Honda Accord that should have helped in this endeavor, but alas, the mods I made took me into a class where I will be competing against the likes of WRX's and SRT's. This also happens to be the largest class that will be competing. Well, I hardly expect to win, but it would have been nice to have the illusion of being competitive. Even my assigned number is trying to tell me something...it's 13! The autocross is on the 26th of Feburary at an old airfield in Whitehouse, which is just west of Metro Jacksonville. I'll post pics and results when I get them.

No comments: