Wednesday, November 15, 2006

AutoCross Episode II:Revenge of the Cones

Well, I still suck, just not as bad as before.
Brother Des and I, along with Jodi and Jared, (my 18 yo son) rented a Pontiac G6 GT and proceeded to sling it around the Gainesville Raceway Autocross course. The results were predictable, with Des ranking first, Myself second, Jared third and Jodi bringing up the rear. Expanding the picture to include the entire roster of autox'rs, We ranked anywhere from 55th overall to 67th. I our defense, the car was NOT autox material and this was only my second event and Jodi and Jared's first. Jared and I had quite the competition going with each run within 1000th's of a second of each other. I still won and he still lost! I have a feeling that this will not be the case if Jared keeps going to these events as he is a natural. I just don't want him to know that.

No cones for me and no O/C's either. (off course). So I got in 6 clean runs whilst Jared O/C'd once. Jodi got one cone and Des got none. Des is a serious autox'r and does this just about every weekend up in Seattle. He did say that he was taking it easy and I believe him because I've looked at the event scores from his division and he consistently ranks up near the top.

All in all, it was a blast, with the only downer being the short amount of time spent with Des. Maybe next time eh?

No comments: